Monday 22 January 2007

Cool Story!

This Easter, 24-7 Prayer are running some mission teams to various parts of the globe. The trip to Ibiza caught my eye (mainly as I have friends who have just moved there and it will be sunny), but I didn't feel particularly drawn to it in as much as I wouldn't have minded if I didn't go. So anyway, on Saturday, my friend Graham and I were chatting in the kitchen about the trip and I said something like 'Well, I think I'll only go if someone gives me the money (as I don't have it)' to which Graham replied, 'and it's only £100 now (it was quoted as £200)' to which Maria (who was also in the kitchen) interrupted to say 'Aki (her husband) has a cheque for £100 in his wallet which he feels God has said to give to you'.

Silence.

'Are you joking?' At the time I thought Maria (who is Finnish) was trying to join in with the British sarcasm and was pulling my leg, so thought nothing of it. But to my amazement, Aki handed me a cheque for £100 today (dated 19/1/07, day before kitchen conversation) and it looks like I'm going to Ibiza at the start of April for 5 days!!! Pretty crazy really!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fantastic... but how about coming to Skopje, cant guarantee the sunshine tho ;)

Boys Town said...

when you're done with ibiza and skopje, boys town awaits the return of the band. round up the boys and get yourselves to la paloma pronto.