Monday 7 December 2009

Sunrise

The sun sets slowly in the sky,
Heavy like my heart,
And it will weigh much heavier still,
The longer we’re apart.

For as the darkness settles,
The fears begin to grow,
“Does she think about me?
“Am I scared to know?”

The moon and stars bring comfort,
Their light a sign of hope.
But these are only temporary,
A way for me to cope.

For when the morning breaks at dawn,
The sun will gather pace,
And once again I will be stunned,
by the beauty of her face.

And so I sit in silence,
The night my only friend,
And look forward to the sunrise,
My aching heart to mend.

2 comments:

Carla said...

Wow Dan, I really like it. Thanks for sharing it I think you're very brave.

Daniel Jones said...

Thanks Carla. Often my poems take on a life of their own and don't always reflect exactly where I am at, but there is always a starting point!