Thursday 26 April 2007

Back in KC

Hey y'all!

I'm currently sitting in the 24-7 Prayer office in Kansas City, which is in the Boiler Room building that I lived in for 9 months last year. It feels quite surreal being back and it almost feels as if I've never been away. There are some new faces about and some of the decor has changed, but on the whole, it's the same core that I left nearly a year ago. It's been so cool to catch up with old friends and share stories of what God has been doing in our lives and what he's about to do. It's just reminded me again how big our God is and how amazing His church is. The only reason I have these friendships in these different parts of the world is because of Jesus.

He is what unites us.

John 15 has been a chapter of the bible that has come up again and again in my mind this year and I'm constantly being reminded that we can do nothing apart from Jesus and it's in and through Him that everything good happens. I love it!

This Saturday I'm going to a wedding of a friend I made here in Kansas City. There are going to be 400+ people there and I have a feeling it's going to be quite crazy. I love the fact that I'm at the age where my friends are starting to get married. It's so cool to be a part of the covenant and vow that a couple make to each other and to God. There's something so powerful about that. It's more than signing a registration book, it's the unity of two people under God.

One day we will be part of the bride that is reunited with her bridegroom when he returns. Watch this space!

No comments: